Frito Lay - Hair Embedded IN Chip!

I purchased chips on 7/21/2014 and I found small hairs embedded in a Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chip.I purchased and opened the bag on the same day and it did not expire until 9/23/2014.

I contacted the company, we'll see what they say. Disgusting! The worst part is I had eaten half the bag before I pulled this chip out and noticed the small hairs embedded in the side of the chip.

I will never purchase anything from them again.I don't really care for coupons or free chips, I want them to own up to this mistake.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 17 #1227940 Barboursville, Virginia

They're not hairs, it's part of the potato. It's tiny fibrous roots that were growing off the side of the potato. If you notice they're at a dark spot on the potato, that's one of the "eyes" where the roots come from. This one was just plucked from the ground with some tiny ones hanging on. No biggie.

Oct 16, 2014 #885355

Same thing happened to me, it's actually multiple little hairs that look just like that one, and it was the deep ridged ones aswell, though i figure they're not actual hairs but rather some kind of part of the potato that was incorrectly removed, or something along those lines. Unless there's a particularly strange fellow working on these chips who enjoys feeding people his hairs...

1 0 Reply

Oct 09, 2014 #882270 Bangor, Maine

The exact same thing happened to my family!

Rachel hahn

Jul 28, 2014 #847416 Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

I bought a bag if lays potato chips plain and they're were salty it was salty and burned my mouth. I don't what there doing to these chips but when I was little I loved these chips and I even put them in my peanut butter sandwiches ... Bit I really wouldn't want to that now... It would ruin my sandwich..

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Frito Lay. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Frito Lay.
Filing a new complaint about