2.1K views
3.1

Same size bag, same outrageous price, and now down to 10 oz.

If they aren't on sale at half price, they won't see a dime of my money. Sure, they can charge whatever they want, and this country of suckers that NEVER reads labels won't even notice, but there comes a point were the line in the sand is not worth crossing. It's a shame, too. Doritos are great chips but I'm tired of the sleazy methods of milking every penny out of customers.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Doritos are now thinner. I guess there wanting to loss customers

Actually the Doritos Jacked I just bought was only 9 1/4 ounce.

I could not agree more ! If it costs more to make the chip [doubtful] then charge us accordingly, don't screw us.

This seems to be the new universal food company method, over charge and under deliver.

I stopped buying Doritos when the bag dropped from 16oz. This is like the Big Mac , that is neither big, nor is it any good.

Over the course of about 15 years, we've been hit with an 82% price increase on Doritos. The standard bag once came in at 15 ounces and cost $2.99.

Each time they do any type of bag or logo redesign, the size shrinks (every company does this now). First it went down to 13 oz. Price stayed the same. The next redesign saw the bag shrink to 11.75 oz., with the price increasing to $3.99.

When they did the next design (with the current logo) it shrunk to 11 oz. Price increased to the current $4.29. The most recent change saw the size shrink quickly from 11 oz to 10.5 oz to the current 9.75 oz in less than 2 years. Still $4.29.

(The so-called "family size" is now the same weight the regular size bag used to be). So, combine an actual 48% price increase (from $2.99 to $4.29) with a 34% decrease in product (from 15oz to 9.75 oz) and you get a whopping 82% price increase overall. And Frito-Lay thinks we're too stupid to notice.

This trend of trying to hide price increases by shrinking the product started with coffee & ice cream (remember when it came in half gallon cartons) and has spread to EVERY conceivable product on the shelves. Just remember, if you suddenly see a product with a spanking new design, check the weight/quantity, it's guaranteed to be less....for the same price, of course.

If a 9.5 oz bag is "family size", then I don't even want to know how small the normal sized bags are!

IM GOING TO CONTACT THOSE BASTARDS! BY GOD!....THEY KEEP RAISING THE PRICE AND GIVING YOU LESS! WE ALL NEED TO START CALLING THEM *** ABOUT IT, SPREAD THE WORD.

They started out 14 3/4 ounces and every year they make the bag smaller. The bag is now down again to 9 3/4 ounces. I will look for a different snack too.

Now the bags are down to 9oz!

Thanks Frito Lay for shrinking your chip bags. I needed to give up eating chips for good and this has been it for me.

In the past I would buy when on sale - now seeing the size of the bags makes me simply walk away. The size of the bags are laughable now. I believe Lay's chip bags are under 8 ounces. At this rate you will have a "bag" the size of a single chip.The "family" size bags are hilarious.

Ya'll better have a small family if you think that's "family" size.Goodbye and thanks. I already feel heathier.

I hope your hearing this frito lay because I am another customer you have lost. You shrank the bag and upped the price. Good riddance Type your message here

Everything is getting smaller, and prices are going up. From chips to candybars, to crackers.

I've stopped buying all this items and more. Those industries they make these items are dishonest and sneaky.

And it shrinks again... 9.75oz.

Same price. Shame on you Frito Lay

to Liveamilefromtheplant #1440705

Meant to add, I SWEAR there is less flavor on them as well!

to Liveamilefromtheplant #1466763

Yes, they are now thinner with less flavor. I love Cantina Thins but if I want Cantina Thins, I'll eat those!

I just got two bags of the Poppin' Jalapeno and and I will use them like I do my Cantina Thins, with salsa and queso.

I'm not going out of my way to find that flavor anymore. Boo.

to Liveamilefromtheplant #1441826

And they're thinner than they used to be. The actual Dorito has shrunk!

It's Nov. 26 2017 and now they are 9.75 oz lol

h.kitchener

Actually, the bag(s) I bought a week or so ago at a buy one, get one special were both 9 3/4 ounces. We are in the era of the slowly shrinking but still the same or higher cost era. Best to just not buy the products.

to h.kitchener #1396191

Start making the damn party size chips again like *** make them big again and make them cheap again instead of them getting smaller and more expensive

I just wanted doritos.... now it's like 15 chips.. It's not mlg anymore..

Quantity goes down price goes up ***. Will stop buying all together!