2.2K views
100% full Not resolved

We purchased a jar of Tostitos Queso Blanco Dip from Hannaford Supermarket in New Hampshire two days ago and after opening it and pouring some out we realized there was a ton of bug "shells" all along the rim and inside of the lid.It looked like there were a ton of insect eggs that incubated and hatched within the jar, though I couldn't find the actual bugs.

It is possible that they drowned in the cheese and now look like more specs of pepper in it. The jar had not been previously opened and made the typical "pop" that a jar makes when you break the seal.

The sell by date on the jar is June 19, 2015, with the number 52012620B01 49 beneath it, however it appears that there was a different sell by date and number on the jar originally and it was changed.

I am disgusted by this and don't think that I will ever be purchasing a dip from Frito Lay/Tostitos again.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Frito Lay?

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1204765

What they said.And most big businesses are huge recyclers, so that is probably why you see the residual ink from the date code.

Bugs happen, even in your own home.Either toss it, or take it back to the store for a refund.

it's understandable why you are pissed about the "bugs/bug shells" but I can ensure you there were none inside of the dip itself.It is nasty to see bugs around the rim but that happened because something spilled/wasted on or near that jar and thats what brought the bugs.

I work in the back room at a grocery store and I see this sometimes.Somebody should have pulled the jar but sometimes you can't see them under the lid.

angstnagony
Topeka, Kansas, United States #951871

You would be amazed at what the FDA allows in our food. If you are interested, you can check out more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Food_Defect_Action_Levels

I agree that the picture is disgusting, Im just not sure what or if anything will be done about it. Good luck.

Westfield, Massachusetts, United States #903876

OMG that is so disgusting! It looks like cockroach larvae. I'm totally never buying that again either!

Gimme-A-Break
to Lexie #921390

It's not roaches, it's fruit flies. You have swallowed worse walking to the mailbox

to Gimme-A-Break Rhinebeck, New York, United States #921504