We purchased a jar of Tostitos Queso Blanco Dip from Hannaford Supermarket in New Hampshire two days ago and after opening it and pouring some out we realized there was a ton of bug "shells" all along the rim and inside of the lid.It looked like there were a ton of insect eggs that incubated and hatched within the jar, though I couldn't find the actual bugs.
It is possible that they drowned in the cheese and now look like more specs of pepper in it. The jar had not been previously opened and made the typical "pop" that a jar makes when you break the seal.
The sell by date on the jar is June 19, 2015, with the number 52012620B01 49 beneath it, however it appears that there was a different sell by date and number on the jar originally and it was changed.
I am disgusted by this and don't think that I will ever be purchasing a dip from Frito Lay/Tostitos again.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Review category
- Food Manufacturers
You May Also Like
- "Bought two multi chip packs. ALL the Fritos in both were stale old-tasting and hard. Noticed a couple holes near the bottom seal of the bag. Looks like glue and..."
- "I recently bought this Frito Lay Bean Dip on 10/9/16 and it looked like old and molded with white dots on it.I wanted to eat some with my Tortilla chips...."
- "It was one of the 2 for $1 bags, but it was still supposed to be 1&1/8 oz (31.8g) in there. I could hear the rustle of a couple..."
- "My family and I stayed from October 1, 2015 to October 3, 2015. My husband and I stayed in one room while the kids stayed in another. The first night..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."